The government has conceded that we are indeed part of the Animal Care Industry and necessary for the welfare of animals. The current Table of Restrictions (effective 11:59pm on Thursday 9 September 2021) by he Victorian State Government specifies that Authorised Providers include pet stores and providers of animal care services.
As providers of animal care services, "pet groomers can operate if there is a welfare issue and there is no other option for resolving the welfare issue." If you would like to read more, click here
This means, Uncanny Animals can groom for welfare purposes where there’s no alternative.
That is, we can groom those customers who need it because their animal requires grooming to prevent it suffering, having discomfort, pain or disease.
Due to the complexity of the restrictions, having to filter through case-by-case, and having staff on limited hours, all appointments booked before 13 September 2021 have been cancelled and will need to be rebooked. Essentially, we are starting our books fresh from the 13th.
This includes appointments booked far out in advance.
We are deeply sorry for this inconvenience and wish there was another alternative.
So your animal qualifies to receive grooming services, what now?
Go to the online portal and book an appointment as usual. Remember, this is a request only and you will receive confirmation if your request is approved.
If you animal is in extremely desperate need (eg, pelted matting) please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make accomodations.
1. Check in with the QR code provided
2. If your animal is wearing a lead, take it off and place it in their locker (which is named) This is to avoid your pet choking and very important
3. Place your animal in designated area
4. Fill out the grooming details on the piece of paper provided on the table.
5. Press the doorbell to let us know you animal is here and we will come out and get them.
Picking up your pet:
1. You will receive a text to say your animal is ready. Please do not delay as we do not want this to be longer than 15mins.
2. When you arrive - Scan the QR code, come in, press the doorbell to let us know you have arrived, then wait back outside.
3. We will come to the front with your pet, pop them in the crate, and put the amount payable into the EFTPOS machine
4. Come back in and tap your card to finalise payment. (Sorry cashless payment only.)
5 Take your pet's belongings from the locker, including the report card (this may state your animal has issues requiring vet attention.)
6. Take your animal from the crate and secure its lead.
7. Text us to let us know the animal has been taken and any feedback on your groom (0400 640 844)